Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year


My New Year’s resolution last year was “less but better.” I like it enough to use it again this year.

A good friend of mine gives wise advice on how to eat an elephant: one bite at a time. I would add my two cents – don’t make the bite so large that you choke. Take baby steps when making a change for the better. Smoke one less cigarette. Have only one scoop of ice cream. Park at the far end of the row and walk to the store. Looking at the big picture can be too overwhelming. Don’t worry about the forest, just look at the tree standing in front of you.

Don’t beat yourself up over what has already happened. Move forward. Try not to make the same mistake again, but if you do, move on. Sometimes it just takes a while to catch on.

I wish everyone a healthy and happy new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment